Thursday, July 15, 2010

365

I wonder just how many breaths I breathe; how many heartbeats this heart shudders with; when I blink, who is keeping count?

My days are racing by. I'll be a year older, soon. Then another year. Then another. Then. I'll be forty-four and looking back at my good ol' days.

So I'm taking back my youth. I am focusing in on my life. I may not change the world like this, but I might positively influence people in my wake. That would be enough: to put a smile on someone's face, to give them a new light, a new perspective.

And just for kicks, I will take my camera with me, too. A new project--one I've been meaning to undertake: take at least one photo a day. Every day. For a year. Starting on my birthday.

My sister, Courtney, has done this successfully. She can look back on every day and say, "Hey, I remember that!" for even the smallest of things.

I am determined to find the beauty and significance in even the most insignificant day, because there are no insignificant days. Because this is my life, that's why!

So! Cheers! Here's to my upcoming year of no less than 365 photographs, undoubtedly more than that, I'm sure.

Here's to life!

p.s.
180 Degrees South: Conquerors of the Useless

No comments: