Monday, October 11, 2010

Coming back Autumn

Hot tea in my center.
Frigid air surrounds me like my thoughts;
Also cold. And changing.
Don't be silly. I'm happy with who I am.
My body could use a tune-up; without a doubt.
But I never doubted myself for a millisecond.

There are, however, long spells of wondering,
which make me wonder further.
How am I to live as I am meant to live?
Where is home, anyway?
Why is my jalepeƱo plant wilting?
Does he even bother to read these free insights into my thoughts?
Who cares? No--really--who cares?

Slow down.
I said that to myself as I drove up to Cuyamaca.
You never know what is around the corner.
I said that to myself just now;
I'm sitting here, at my desk, yet I'm still
moving forward.

1 comment:

Mad Scientists Incorporated said...

I care and you know it!

And like you said, you never really know what is around the corner. That is why I hate facts. They are only true right now or in the past. There is no way to know anything beyond the past and present. We can make assumptions and plans. Hope that what we expect will come about actually does.

I hate plans, expectations and hope. They all seem like such a waste when anything can really happen.