Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Week two


I feel progressively stronger. And taller (though that may be due to the fact that I tower over most sixth graders). I am so used to high school boys being at least as tall as I am, but these guys are short--and if there are tall ones it is normally the girls.
These kids are amazing; they know more than some college students I have met. They are also much friendlier.
I am also learning "six grade appropriate language" here at Camp. Let me demonstrate:

Non-appropriate term: Fart
Camp Term: Butt-crickets
Non-appropriate term: Butt (but, crickets! I know.)
Camp Term: Rear, bottom, G.M. (gludius maximus)
Non-appropriate term: Shut up
Camp Term: Shhh! Quiet, you squirrels!
Non-appropriate term: Oh my god!
Camp Term: Hokey smokes! Geez la weez!
Non-appropriate term: Poop
Camp Term: Scat

So it's not much of a list, but I am pretty tired and my brain has shut off. 10pm is far too late for me to be up.

Yet I am so, so happy!


No comments: